1.Finding your niche
There are a lot of choice out there with choosing a niche for a blog as you can write about anything you like. You want to try and find the most profitable niche you can. However you should have some sort of interest in what you are writing about or you will just fail instantly. Product reviews in a particular niche can be a good idea. Many people turn online to look for reviews on the latest bit of tech that they are planning on forking out on so there is a lot of potential traffic. As well as this you can also add affiliate links in to your posts so they can buy the products you have just convinced them into buying.
2. Start building your niche blog
Once you have found and researched you niche the obvious thing to do is create your website so get your domain and hosting and lets get started. Try to use a domain with your main keyword in. This will hopefully let you dominate over other sites in search results.
- You should use WordPress as it the best peace of software you can use for your niche looking blog. You can easily get WordPress set up and it requires minimal coding.
- The next thing you will need to do is find a great looking WordPress theme and there are many available. With free and premium options you will just have to do some research and find your favourite WordPress theme. you can view our post here showing our favourite WordPress themes.
- Start adding your crucial pages to your blog (Contact,sitemap and copyright etc…) These are important pages in any online site and should always be created first.
- Get your first post published with some of your niche content to try and attract some traffic.
3.Getting traffic with SEO and link building
This is possibly the most hardest part to your website as traffic does not just happen over night. It will take months to build up. There are many plugins
available if you are using WordPress that will let you easily search engine optimize your website. You also need to start building some healthy backlinks Post a link to your website from just about anywhere you can find online.
By hopefully following this guide you should easily be able to start publishing a successful blog in no time. Make sure you read our post on how you can avoid loosing search engine rankings