Video killed the radio star once upon a time, and we now live in a world that relies heavily in technology and digital media. We have higher demands for faster electronics and instant access than ever before and this means that we need to be online to be present. A business cannot function currently without an online presence anymore, and your digital marketing plan is central to that. Marketing has moved on from flyers and mass-letter sending to social media and GoPro videos on YouTube to effectively market their product or service in real time.
We all know that digital marketing is the promotion of your product, service or brand using one or more versions of electronic media. Implementing this into a company business plan can be rather a minefield if you don’t know where to start. Common digital marketing forms are the company website, online advertising, mobile marketing and the use of the many social media platforms. The last is the most popular, given that almost every adult over 18 is on some form of social media. Social media sites also give an astounding reach to many different customers, making it the most valuable and free marketing tool out there.
Understanding why digital media is important, so we’ve come up with five C’s to watch out for while you ride on the digital marketing bandwagon.
- Cost: Digital marketing is mostly free. People rely on reviews and word of mouth for the products they buy or the services they render, which is why TripAdvisor and such sites are so popular. For start-ups, free social media platforms provide a cheap advertising platform and a way to get their brand to millions with a click of a button.
- Connect: Design agencies such as Rouge Media will be the first in line to tell you that connecting with your customers is important. How your website looks and its ease of use, as well as its link to online social media now makes it easier for customers to connect with you directly. Online presence is linked to your success and is a big factor in your business taking off.
- Cater: Mobile customers are a huge part of buying into your brand. If your website is not mobile user friendly or app friendly, people will not bother. It sounds harsh, but mobile phones are no longer just for texts and calls, people use them like personal computers. You need to have the right interface and browser-friendly materials to be successful.
- Customer: Google Analytics allows you to track your customer. Your company should know what your customer is clicking on the most and gaining that insight to their behaviour can dictate how you advertise as a company going forward.
- Competitor: The best thing about digital marketing is keeping an eye on what your competitor is doing. Focusing on SEO and social media means you can monitor the strategies of competing businesses. This isn’t just about getting a one-up, it’s about going with what your customers love the most from your competitors and making it original and your own.
Digital marketing can see your company soar if you implement it correctly. By following the C’s, you can effectively plan your strategy to stand out from the crowd.